From Elegant Steering
Ten Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Puerto Rico
1. The world’s largest single-dish radio telescope is located in Puerto Rico.
2. Puerto Rico is roughly the size of Connecticut.
3. El Yunque is the only Tropical Rain-forest in the U.S. National Forest System.
4. Puerto Rico was discovered by Christopher Columbus.
5. Puerto Rico’s unofficial mascot is a tiny tree frog, named “Coquí”, originally found only on the island.
6. More than 70% of the rum sold in the U.S. comes from Puerto Rico.
7. San Juan is the second largest cruise port in the western hemisphere.
8. Two of the oldest churches in the Americas lie in Old San Juan.
9. Puerto Rico has its own “Galapagos Island” it’s named Mona Island.
10. Puerto Rico has over 270 miles of beaches.